Saturday, June 01, 2013

Confused brand messages ??

  Saw this ad on the OBC of Look Magazine recently advertising the RIHANNA collection for River Island.... but not featuring Rihanna herself, - instead, a model who somewhat resembles Naomi Campbell.....slightly confused??

  
  
But to  add to the confusion, it was an interactive blippar ad - inviting me to download the free blippar app and blip the ad to unlock exclusive content....so I did.

But when I hovered over the ad with my phone - the blippar images that appeared were of Kelly Brook  ... inviting me to go behind the scenes with Kelly and seemed to be advertising make up as opposed to a clothing line designed by RIHANNA as per the print execution....



    .....Very confused????? I wonder if this was a technological error .... with the wrong blippar code -  or whether River Island were just trying to do too many things - resulting in very mixed messaging. 
  
#PurePoint

No comments: