Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hanging around on the Wobbly Bridge


On a trip to Calabria last year, I noticed a load of padlocks that had been attached to some railings at a popular sightseeing spot, overlooking the coast from the town of Tropea....the modern day version of etching 'we were here' in to the railings I assumed - adding a sign of unity relating to who you were there with at the time.

I hadn't seen this before, or indeed since, until I embarked on my daily walk to London Bridge last night .... where there were dozens of them hanging from various parts of Millenium Bridge.

This morning the number had escalated to 100's - different colours, shapes and sizes.

Interested to see how many there will be tonight ... and in turn, how long they will continue to be placed there before someone decides to put a stop to it all.

Watch this space

No comments: